Cleaning Up Protein Shake Stains on the Carpet
Building a strong and fit body is surely one thing that many men and women desire. It is not easy to accomplish though as you would need to constantly work out as well as eat the right kinds of foods to help you achieve this goal. One drink which many people try to help them get the muscles that they want is protein shakes. It is really healthy and provides the body with a high amount of protein which helps in the muscle’s development and growth.
While protein shakes can be very helpful in giving us the right nutrients for staying fit and healthy, it can also bring about some problems when it comes to cleaning your home. There are many instances when people accidentally drop or spill the protein shake that they are drinking on their carpets which in turn results in a very ugly stain that affects the way that their carpeting looks.
Knowing how to clean up this mess is vital if you want to get your carpet back to normal. If you are facing this type of predicament at home, follow the great tips below to guide you in solving this carpet cleaning problem.
• Scooping up the spilled protein shake on the carpet is something that you should do right away. Don’t let too much time pass before doing this as it could mean that the liquid would be able to penetrate the padding of your carpet.
• Use a medicine dropper and add a couple of drops of water on the stain which is left behind on your carpet. This is going to help dilute the stain and make it a lot more manageable to remove. Use a paper towel to blot the area for a minute or so before going to the next step.
• Mix ¾ cup of white vinegar with ½ cup of warm water into a small container. This will serve as the cleaning solution which will help break down the ugly stain that is left on your carpet. After you have mixed these two ingredients, pour some of it on the stained area of the carpet and then let it stand for five minutes.
• Gradually blot the protein shake stain on the carpet using a clean white cloth. Make your way from the outer portion of the stain moving inwards. Continue to perform this until you are able to remove all of the stain.
• Flush out the residue that could be left behind on your carpet by rinsing it with a glass of water. Dry the carpet using clean rags and then you’re done cleaning up the protein shake stain on your carpet completely.
Source by Johnny D Sol