A round area rug is a versatile and attractive floor covering in the widest choice of colours, designs and material compositions you can possibly imagine! An area rug is versatile. They can create wonderful focal points with splashes of colour to be the unifying element in tying the design of a room together.
Rugs can create cosy conversation areas and by their very nature of being round, they create a defined space to gather for intimate conversations. In a jiffy, they quickly and easily be laid down to give your house a burst of colour and character.
A round area rug provides comfort, cushioning and warmth over floors with a hard surface finish such as tile, stone, laminate or hardwood floors. A beautiful rug can also be considered a piece of “artwork” for the floor, providing artistic merit and value to the design of the room. And, last but not least, they can feel wonderfully textural, comfortingly soft and plush beneath your bare feet…
5 Decorating Benefits Of Round Area Rugs
1) They can creatively offset the rectangular and linear nature of doorways, walls, floors and furniture.
2) A round area rug can successfully create and draw together a high-end designer appearance within a room. The circular shape may draw on and echo other elements of circular shapes in the existing room such as the architecture, lighting fixtures, furniture shapes and room accessories without looking artificial or overdone.
3) A round rug is the perfect solution to visually opening up a small room, making small rooms feel larger. They are especially good for apartment living. The circular nature naturally softens the hard edges of furniture, creating attractive and defined pools of space.
4) If you are looking to create a rich feeling of luxury and character with textural emphasis warmth and depth, choosing the perfect rug laid over beautiful wooden floorboards, textural floor tiles or laid over wall to wall carpeting will create a unique look.
5) Create an intimate conversation area by drawing attention to a particular area of the room, enhancing the focus point and cosiness of that area by using a beautiful round area rug in creating an inviting space…
A Few More Thoughts On Using A Round Area Rug…
As you can see, a round area rug opens up numerous possibilities for experimenting with decorating the look of your space. The unique nature of their shape creates a sense of symmetry and balance in unifying your surroundings. And of course many people ask “how do I know what rug to choose?”
Here are a few pointers to helping you choose the perfect round area rug for your space.
If you want to create a focal point in a room, choose a rug with a central medallion or design feature. If there is already an obvious central focal point such as a fireplace, it’s best to use a rug with a more repetitive, not so obvious pattern.
If you already have upholstery with a busy pattern in your furniture, or ornate wallwaper, it’s best to choose a more subtle rug pattern so they don’t compete.
On the other hand, if your upholstery and walls are relatively plain and subdued, you have the perfect opportunity to try a colourful rug with a dramatic design and pattern to create interest in a focal point in the room.
Bold patterns such as abstract designs, lots of colours, large flowers on a small rug serve to make a room look larger.
If you are coordinating your new rug with items you already own, remedies takes swatches of upholstery fabric, wallpaper and paint chips when you go shopping as it’s very difficult to try and visualise what your room looks like… Often shopowners are quite happy for you to take the rug home to try it out.
Final Thoughts On Choosing A Round Area Rug…
I wish you all the best in choosing the right round area rug for they can be a wonderful addition to the home, bringing many years of pleasure and usefulness. Take your time in deciding on the size, color, textural emphasis and also the materials from which the rug is made. Does the rug need to be easy to care for, is it in a high traffic area, are allergies an issue… ? These are just a few pointers to take into account in your mission. Choose wisely and you will be well rewarded.